Senior Scientist Position in Laboratory of Tandetron
CAS – Czech Academy of Sciences – Nuclear Physics Institute, Department of Neutron Physics
Prague, Czech Republic
- A PhD degree in a relevant topic with high quality research output in the leading scientific journals and conferences;
- A track record working with state-of-the-art technologies in ion beam technology, nuclear physics and/or solid state physics, material science and the clear ambition to develop oneself in a direction of synergy between material science and energetic ion beam physics;
- A clear and ambitious research vision;
- Applications from candidates with a track-record and vision for ion beam physics and applications will be particularly welcome;
- Effective communication and organization skills;
- Strong cooperation skills and the ability to work in teams;
- An ambition and ability to lead students and or assist in their theses preparation is highly welcome;
- Experience in acquiring external research funding from (inter-)national funding bodies or industry is an asset;
- Excellent proficiency (written and verbal) in English.
Conditions of employment
- A meaningful job in a dynamic and ambitious research institute, in an interdisciplinary setting and within an international network;
- Reduced working hours (36 hours/week – at 100% full-time);
- Five weeks of vacation + one week of additional vacation;
- Allowance for catering – meal vouchers + canteen directly in the area of institute;
- Contribution from the cultural and social needs fund (recreation, camps, theatre, glasses, etc.);
- Education, language courses;
- Friendly and pleasant team;
- Possibility to park in a closed and guarded area;
- Possibility to apply for an apartment of the Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic;
- Experienced colleagues who will help with learning in the beginning.
Information and application
Candidates are encouraged to contact us before they apply to get more information about the position.
Please contact prof. Anna Mackova (email@example.com).
More extensive information can be found in the flyer HERE