The National Institute for Nuclear Science and Technology (INSTN) and the Nuclear Energy Division (DEN) of CEA are continuing their international school in Nuclear Engineering, aiming at promoting knowledge in the field of reactor physics and engineering at a high education level.
- Title : 2013-International Course: OPERATION AND SAFETY OF PRESSURIZED WATER REACTORS (PWRs)
- Country : France
- Organisation : CEA
- Language : English
- Venue : Saclay, France
- Start date : Monday 18 March 2013
- End date : Friday 29 March 2013
- ENEN European Master : Yes
Module 1: Basic knowledge and general design principles
- General principles of nuclear reactors.
- Design aspects of PWRs.
- PWR thermal hydraulics and core physics.
Module 2: PWR architecture and plant operation
- Architecture and functional analysis (components and systems).
- PWR normal operation (base load operation, start-up and shutdown procedures).
- PWR core and fuel management.
- PWR control aspects.
Module 3: PWR safety
- PWR safety approach (deterministic, probabilistic).
- PWR safety systems.
- Accidental scenarii.
- Post-accident management.
Module 4: LWR development perspectives
- Advanced PWR and BWR concepts.
- Innovative tracks for LWRs.
Module 5: Simulation and analysis of PWR transient scenarii (practicals)
How to apply :
Please contact th organizer: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline of application :
Monday 25 February 2013
For further information
Please contact the programme manager:
or refer to the INSTN web site: